Weber South Pacific Approved for ISO 9001:2015 Standard
As the year comes into full swing, Weber South Pacific is pleased to announce the renewal of our ISO 9001 standard certification from ISO 9001:2008 to the latest revised, ISO 9001:2015 standard. This latest approval comes following the end of a successful year for our management team as we continued to transition and maintain key certification aspects of our high-standard organisational structure.
What does the ISO 9001 standard outline?
Globally, the ISO 9001 standard is the most widely recognised Quality Management System (QMS) – designed to aid any size organisation in any industry. ISO 9001 is built upon seven quality management principles that centralise around the primary goal of consistently delivering value for customers. These seven quality management principles are:
- Customer focus;
- Engagement of people;
- Process approach;
- Evidence-based decision making;
- Relationship management
Utilisation of all seven principles will make for easier implementation of a quality management system. The standard is intended to help the organisation to achieve greater value through a stronger customer focus and improved business performance.
What is the focus of the ISO 9001:2015 Standard?
Different to ISO 9001:2008, the most recent quality management standard were revised to:
- Create structure to incorporate and align all different ISO standards for greater compatibility;
- Improve readability, by making the standard more generic and reducing certain documentation requirements;
- Identify risks and opportunities for organisations to mitigate or prevent those risks, and take advantage of opportunities to make improvements.
Previously built around 8 clauses, the ISO 9001:2015 standard is based around 10 clauses with most of these being extended into other ISO standards – reducing documentation requirements involved, enhancing uniformity between standards and establishing a consistent structure. These 10 clauses include:
- Normative reference
- Terms and definitions
- Context of the organisation
- Performance evaluation
The new standards now enable organisations to make their own decision of how to verify ISO requirements are being met; instead of previously requiring a written quality manual, procedures and work instructions.
Committing to a brighter future
With a clear and common goal of adding organisation value at no expense to our customers, our team at Weber South Pacific has welcomed the new ISO 9001:2015 standard. Using this as an opportunity to enhance all aspects of business activities, has enabled us to showcase our ability to:
- Honour our commitment to customers and suppliers;
- Establish a safe, efficient and welcoming workplace for employees;
- Deliver high quality products and service;
- Understand our role as a sustainable and environmentally friendly company in providing a high level or respect and care for the environment and community.
How to contact us
07 3841 6899
07 3841 6877
18 McKechnie Drive
Brisbane Technology Park
PO Box 4264, Eight Mile Plains